Who we are
Moree Family Support Incorporated is a community-based organisation formed in 1985 to provide support services to families, youth and children in Moree. Moree Family Support is committed to Strengthening Families – Supporting Communities.
Our vision is a community where greater independence is achieved and everyone is able to live a life that is safe, valued and free from violence.
Moree Family Support is grateful for the support of the NSW Department of Communities and Justice in fulfilling our mission
The Moree Family Support Committee has the overall responsibility for the service, overseeing the financial management, work health and safety requirements, funding, and compliance, as well as human resource matters. They help with planning, evaluation and guiding improvements.
The Committee members for 2022–2023 comprise of:
● Steven Harris – President
● Penny Crosby – Vice President
● Stephanie Peters – Secretary
● Di Shiels – Treasurer
● Sharon Cooke
● Leah Morris
Some exciting initiatives are on the horizon for 2023 and beyond…
- Completion of the Moree Family Support rebranding project
- Finalisation of the Moree Early Childhood Education and Care Project
- Relocation and improvement of the KidzClub facility, systems and processes
- Source additional funding streams
- Consolidate staffing levels and stabilise positions.
- Increase business partnerships and alliances
- Expand the organisation into new and emerging areas
- Increase community activities
- Prepare for the Australian Service Excellence Standards audit
- Expand the delivery of information, development and awareness programs